Header Ads Widget

GH¢9m out of GH¢62m left in COVID-19 Trust Fund–S.Akuffo.

GH¢9m out of GH¢62m left in COVID-19 Trust Fund–S.Akuffo.
Chairperson of the COVID-19 National Trust Fund, Justice Sophia Akuffo.

Chairperson of the COVID-19 National Trust Fund, Justice Sophia Akuffo, has announced that out of the GH¢62 million collected by the fund, just GH¢9 million is remaining.

The fund was set up by the government after the COVID-19 pandemic broke in 2020. This was aimed to allow Ghanaians to contribute to fund the battle against the pandemic.

However, addressing the media on July 21, 2022, Justice Sophia Akuffo said that GH¢62 million was contributed to the fund, and as of June 30, 2022, GH¢53 million of the contributions had been spent.

A total of GH¢10.3 million was awarded to the Ghana Health Service, while GH¢6.8 million was given to the Ghana Covid-19 Private Sector Fund for the establishment of a 100-bed Infectious Disease hospital, according to the report.

Some of the funds, according to the Chairperson of the fund, were also used to acquire and distribute automobiles in the fight against COVID-19.

''As time went on, we realized that, yes these health centres are there but there are other health facilities that needed help, so we needed to also make donations to such places so that right from the start, you are protecting the medical staff, and you are also protecting the users of the hospitals, clinics and so forth.”

According to the former Chief Justice, the fund also provided funds for Community-based Health Planning and Service (CHPS).

“When somebody had a fever or couldn't breathe and was sent to a CHPS compound, they had to be protected there as well.”, she said.

Video Excerpts below:

Source: ghananews.hrforum.uk

Post a Comment

0 Comments